
[HEY MAKE SURE YOU READ THE TWO ENTRIES I JUST POSTED UNDER THIS ONE BEFORE YOU READ THIS. vvvv]
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
6:26PM
The people here are so nice. I am literally treated like a princess. And they love me. They call me “Kimchi” and “Kimia-ji”. One of the helpers wakes me up every morning. When I get to the eating area my breakfast arrives within a few minutes, and they never hesitate to refill my teacup…once…twice…three times… my abnormal tea consumption has become a joke around the house hahaha. After breakfast I have a simply lovely man drive me to the clinic. Everyday, as I get out of the car (the door is opened for me of course haha), a little woman who has a tiny flower stand near the clinic hands me two yellow roses….just because I smile at her everyday. WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE SO KIND?!?!?!?!?! They don’t know me! I could be a child rapist or like an ARSONIST or something. Who gives pyromaniacs flowers?!
And don’t even get me started on the women at the clinic. The doctors that do my treatment (nine or so, I will count them all tomorrow) are absolutely amazing….Such kindness combined with a desire to help, it leaves me completely in awe. I hope I can subconsciously pick up India’s ways of humanity.
But honestly, I’m just grateful to be surrounded by mood-lifting people all the time. My un-american diet, coupled with the whole treatment process has left me a cranky, irritable mess. When expressing these feelings with my doctors, (leaving out the part about how I rarely eat a full meal due to my distaste for their country’s food haha), they get very giddy and excited. Apparently it goes like this: the first week or so after treatment starts, the herbs and medicine starts eliminating toxins (already!). Due to toxins being moved around and out of your body (purging yikes), everything resurfaces, including memories and emotions and whatnot. So basically it’s not just a physical experience but a frightening mental one too. I’m starting to feel all lonely, like I used to always feel, even though I don’t actually feel any of the emotions or thoughts that GO with loneliness. It’s just my body getting it out of its system.
This is crazy. Okay. So basically I was, for the past three years, the BIGGEST skeptic of ayurveda and natural healing…my excuse: “if it’s so great, then why isn’t EVERYBODY doing it?”. Well. As a stubborn know-it-all who does not want to admit she was wrong, I was wrong. This is working, I can feel it working, I can feel my eyesight changing and my body slimming and my general disposition maturing. I think I am feeling an allover sense of growth.
Speaking of growth….. MY BOOBS HAVE GOTTEN NOTICEABLY BIGGER!!!!!
No, I’m serious. It’s weird and awesome.
Anyway, today I managed to break my ipod charger AND turn off the whole house’s electricity, all at once.
…
My mom came Sunday night because she has some business to attend to in another city with Dr. Naram and co. She brought me some stuff I had left at home, plus a whole lot of fashion magazines to get inspiration for Amit’s teachings. Did I mention I love fashion? Flipping through harper’s and vogue and French vogue (it was like 2AM and I kept forgetting it was in French and I tried to read it and I would be like wtf :( and massive headaches would ensue) makes my heart swell up and I feel like a little puppy getting scratched behind it’s ears. I’m going to be a designer if it means I have to spend the first few years of my adulthood poor and starving. The way I see it, it’s like this: if I have money, I buy clothes. If I have leftover money, I buy food.
Ahhh but I digress…everything in India is pretty much the same. Things have calmed down every since Dr. Naram left, but thankfully he’ll be back Saturday.
One of these days I’m getting my nose pierced..…kinda freaked out. OH SHIT. DID I MENTION MY MOM IS ALLOWING IT?!?!?!? Well Dr. Naram and I were gonna go ahead with it anyway, we had the whole thing planned, but then my mom was like: *big sigh* “…alright. You can do it. Hrmph.”
Hahaha. I acted as though I had been waiting for her permission. She doesn’t realize that I was going to get it done with or without her consent, once she left. Oh well! At least I can avoid that inevitable fight once I come home.
kimia
p.s. I would die without Amit’s company since he is the only one I can speak uninhibited English with, Vinay is my new best friend and Krishna is my little brother.
6:26PM
The people here are so nice. I am literally treated like a princess. And they love me. They call me “Kimchi” and “Kimia-ji”. One of the helpers wakes me up every morning. When I get to the eating area my breakfast arrives within a few minutes, and they never hesitate to refill my teacup…once…twice…three times… my abnormal tea consumption has become a joke around the house hahaha. After breakfast I have a simply lovely man drive me to the clinic. Everyday, as I get out of the car (the door is opened for me of course haha), a little woman who has a tiny flower stand near the clinic hands me two yellow roses….just because I smile at her everyday. WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE SO KIND?!?!?!?!?! They don’t know me! I could be a child rapist or like an ARSONIST or something. Who gives pyromaniacs flowers?!
And don’t even get me started on the women at the clinic. The doctors that do my treatment (nine or so, I will count them all tomorrow) are absolutely amazing….Such kindness combined with a desire to help, it leaves me completely in awe. I hope I can subconsciously pick up India’s ways of humanity.
But honestly, I’m just grateful to be surrounded by mood-lifting people all the time. My un-american diet, coupled with the whole treatment process has left me a cranky, irritable mess. When expressing these feelings with my doctors, (leaving out the part about how I rarely eat a full meal due to my distaste for their country’s food haha), they get very giddy and excited. Apparently it goes like this: the first week or so after treatment starts, the herbs and medicine starts eliminating toxins (already!). Due to toxins being moved around and out of your body (purging yikes), everything resurfaces, including memories and emotions and whatnot. So basically it’s not just a physical experience but a frightening mental one too. I’m starting to feel all lonely, like I used to always feel, even though I don’t actually feel any of the emotions or thoughts that GO with loneliness. It’s just my body getting it out of its system.
This is crazy. Okay. So basically I was, for the past three years, the BIGGEST skeptic of ayurveda and natural healing…my excuse: “if it’s so great, then why isn’t EVERYBODY doing it?”. Well. As a stubborn know-it-all who does not want to admit she was wrong, I was wrong. This is working, I can feel it working, I can feel my eyesight changing and my body slimming and my general disposition maturing. I think I am feeling an allover sense of growth.
Speaking of growth….. MY BOOBS HAVE GOTTEN NOTICEABLY BIGGER!!!!!
No, I’m serious. It’s weird and awesome.
Anyway, today I managed to break my ipod charger AND turn off the whole house’s electricity, all at once.
…
My mom came Sunday night because she has some business to attend to in another city with Dr. Naram and co. She brought me some stuff I had left at home, plus a whole lot of fashion magazines to get inspiration for Amit’s teachings. Did I mention I love fashion? Flipping through harper’s and vogue and French vogue (it was like 2AM and I kept forgetting it was in French and I tried to read it and I would be like wtf :( and massive headaches would ensue) makes my heart swell up and I feel like a little puppy getting scratched behind it’s ears. I’m going to be a designer if it means I have to spend the first few years of my adulthood poor and starving. The way I see it, it’s like this: if I have money, I buy clothes. If I have leftover money, I buy food.
Ahhh but I digress…everything in India is pretty much the same. Things have calmed down every since Dr. Naram left, but thankfully he’ll be back Saturday.
One of these days I’m getting my nose pierced..…kinda freaked out. OH SHIT. DID I MENTION MY MOM IS ALLOWING IT?!?!?!? Well Dr. Naram and I were gonna go ahead with it anyway, we had the whole thing planned, but then my mom was like: *big sigh* “…alright. You can do it. Hrmph.”
Hahaha. I acted as though I had been waiting for her permission. She doesn’t realize that I was going to get it done with or without her consent, once she left. Oh well! At least I can avoid that inevitable fight once I come home.
kimia
p.s. I would die without Amit’s company since he is the only one I can speak uninhibited English with, Vinay is my new best friend and Krishna is my little brother.

1 comment:
KIMIA.
i just wanted to say that new facebook totally screwed me over and i didn't even know that i had a message in my inbox from alanna giving me your blog until i opened my mac dashboard and saw the "2 new messages" thingy on my facebook widget and then i flipped a shit and now i'm just rambling blah blah blah blah...
anyways. irresponsible as i've been i hope you check your blog soon because I AM BACK IN CRAPPIQUA AND DYING TO TALK TO YOUUU. RING ME UP SOMETIME. WE CAN CHAT ABOUT ASIA.
and reading your amazingly well-written blog makes me regret only diary-ing about how much i was sweating in china. (these comments ARE private right? o_o)
ALSO YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING. ALSO CHINA IS POSSIBLY AMAZING. ALSO I NEED TO STOP USING AMAZING AND ALSO.
ROOOAHHH. comment moderation has been enabled and i swear the word verification word was pussy but in reality it's "psgyl"... whatever.
also kimchi sounds like a really really cute pokemon. i feel like it would look like igglypuff or something... and if you don't know what igglypuff is...then... apox on your face.
also i hate that your boobs got bigger. DAMN YOU!!!! i will forever be over-shadowed by your boobs-slash-ass-slash-beauty.
anyways. off to stuff my misery-full heart with doritos.
...oh i guess i miss you too. and love you... i guess.
sort of.
KBYE.
...p...s...g...y........l....
i bet it's nerd-code for pussy or something.
Post a Comment